2024 Board Elections
As a result of term limits and resignations during the year, there are seven Director positions to be filled this year. The annual call for nominations resulted in twelve nominations, including one incumbent.
In accordance with the Chamber’s By-laws, the Board of Directors struck a committee to oversee the annual nomination and election process. The committee interviewed the candidates and determined that they, as well as the incumbent director, were fully aware of the role and responsibilities of a director and were eligible candidates for a board position.
Endorsement & Skill Set
The primary skills specifically sought for the Board of Directors, as communicated in the Nomination Package are established business, finance and leadership experience. In addition, the Board noted that maintaining and expanding the industry representation is an important dynamic.
The Directors with ongoing terms and continuing on the board include:
- Moody Dan, Operations Manager, Squamish Lil’wat Cultural Centre
- Mike Hashimoto, Manager, B-Mak Construction
- Wendy Hargreaves, Director of Sales & Marketing, Fairmont Chateau Whistler
- Gregg Martin, Branch Manager, Blueshore Financial
As the sole incumbent and as the current Chair, the Board of Directors is endorsing the application of Chris Vick, General Manager, Hilton Whistler. The re-election of Chris Vick will maintain continuity and ensure new directors have mentors with institutional experience. Members are encouraged to consider this when voting for the Candidates.
The Whistler Chamber is part of the 50 – 30 Challenge, an initiative between the Government of Canada, business and diversity organizations to increase representation and inclusion of diverse groups by aiming to achieve gender parity (50%) and significant representation (30%) of underrepresented groups on boards and senior management.
During the review of candidate eligibility, the board noted that there is a familial relationship between the incumbent and one of the candidates (Chris Vick and Shona Pare). The review of the Chamber’s policies and practices, as well as good governance guidance, were considered and no conflict was determined to exist that would prevent either candidate from serving together on the Board.
Electronic voting for the Whistler Chamber of Commerce is now open.
- Each Chamber Member in good standing is eligible to vote (one vote per organization).
- Votes are anonymous. Members’ vote(s) cannot be identified.
- Voting closes Friday December 1 at 11.59pm.
Electronic Voting Process
- View the Board of Directors candidate profiles
- A voting link has been emailed to the person identified as your primary contact. If a link has not been received, please email email@example.com
- Cast your vote for at least one candidate and no more than seven candidates (no more than the number of vacancies)
Successful candidates will be announced at the Annual General Meeting and Festive Lunch on Thursday, December 7, 2023.
Please click on the image of each candidate to view their statement of interest.