Notice of AGM
Every year, in accordance with the Board of Trade Act and the Whistler Chamber of Commerce By-laws, Whistler Chamber of Commerce holds an Annual General Meeting.
TAKE NOTICE THAT the Annual General Meeting of the Whistler Chamber of Commerce is scheduled for 10am, December 1, 2022. The meeting will take place virtually and all registrants will receive a link to access the meeting.
As a result of the Director vacancies that will be created at the end of 2021, the Whistler Chamber of Commerce, in accordance with its By-laws, sought nominees for Board of Director positions. Nominations were accepted from October 8 until 5pm on November 3, 2021. The Whistler Chamber board has five Director positions to fill and received five nominations in total.
The formal business of the Annual General Meeting will include the report of the Board, consideration of the financial statements and the appointment of the accountant. The membership at large will also meet the Members who will represent the Whistler business community in 2022 as their board of directors. Following the official business of the AGM, the CEO will report on the Chamber’s new 3 year Strategic Priorities 2022 – 2024.
The following order of business must be observed at the Annual General Meeting:
- Call to order
- Ascertainment of Quorum
- Adoption of the rules of order
- Approval of agenda
- Approval of the Minutes of the last meeting
- Report of the board
- Financial report and financial statements
- Appointment of accountant
- Election of directors
- Other business
- CEO Report
3. Approval of rules of order: That the rules of order for the Annual General Meeting be approved a presented.
4. Approval of the Agenda: That the agenda for the Annual General Meeting scheduled December 1, 2021 be approved as presented.
5. Approval of the Minutes: That the minutes of the Annual General Meeting for the Whistler Chamber of Commerce held December 3, 2021 be approved as presented
8. Appointment of Accountants: That the firm of BDO Canada LLP be appointed as accountants for the Whistler Chamber of Commerce for the 2022 fiscal year.
The following documents are on our website for consideration and form part of this Notice of meeting: