Notice of AGM
Every year, in accordance with the Board of Trade Act and the Whistler Chamber of Commerce By-laws, Whistler Chamber of Commerce holds an Annual General Meeting.
TAKE NOTICE THAT the Annual General Meeting of the Whistler Chamber of Commerce is to be held at 11am, December 7, 2023 at the Four Seasons Resort Whistler.
As a result of the Director vacancies that will be created at the end of 2023, the Whistler Chamber of Commerce in accordance with its Bylaws, sought nominees for Board of Director positions to fill various terms of office. Nominations were accepted from Tuesday, September 26, 2023 through to 5pm on Friday, October 13, 2023. The Whistler Chamber board had seven Director Positions to fill and received twelve nominations in total, including one incumbent.
The formal business of the Annual General Meeting will include the report of the Board, consideration of the financial statements and the appointment of the accountant. The membership at large will also meet the Members who will represent the Whistler business community in 2024 as their board of directors. The board is also seeking approval from the membership by way of a special resolution to update and amend the Chamber’s By-laws. Following the official business of the AGM, the ED will report on the Chamber’s priorities for the upcoming year.
The following order of business must be observed at the Annual General Meeting:
- Call to order
- Ascertainment of quorum
- Adoption of the Rules of Order
- Approval of Agenda
- Approval of the minutes of the last meeting
- Report of the Board
- Financial Report and Financial Statements
- Appointment of accountant
- Election of directors
- Other business – Special resolution to approve the bylaws
- ED Report
3. Approval of rules of order: That the Rules of Order for the Annual General Meeting be approved a presented.
4. Approval of the Agenda: That the Agenda for the Annual General Meeting scheduled December 7, 2023 be approved as presented.
5. Approval of the Minutes: That the Minutes of the Annual General Meeting for the Whistler Chamber of Commerce held December 8, 2023 be approved as presented
8. Appointment of Accountants: That the firm of BDO Canada LLP be appointed as accountants for the Whistler Chamber of Commerce for the 2024 fiscal year.
10. Other Business – Approval of the Bylaws: As a special resolution that the bylaws of the Chamber be altered by deleting the existing bylaws in their entirety to be replaced with the bylaws attached to the Notice of this meeting.
The following documents are on our website for consideration and form part of this Notice of meeting: