Cornucopia presented by Blueshore Financial
November 7 – 17, 2019
Now in its 23rd year, Cornucopia continues to be a one of a kind celebration, establishing itself as one of BC’s premium recognized and attended food and drink festivals. The place where those who are passionate about food, drink and mountain culture come together to celebrate, innovate, promote and be inspired. Attracting over 10,000 attendees during its 11 exciting days of events, Cornucopia stands alone as a festival that offers its own unique scope and breadth of world class programming.
In 2019, Cornucopia won “Best Wine Festival/Event” in The Georgia Straight 22nd Annual Golden Plates Awards, and was runner up in the same category in 2016, 2017 and 2018.
Key Event Statistics – Cornucopia
- Cornucopia 2018 supported $3.0 million in economic activity in British Columbia, including $2.2 million of economic activity in Whistler.
- Cornucopia 2018 drew an attendance in excess of 10,000, plus hundreds of key industry members and media
- 64% of attendees have an annual household income over $100k, including 19% over $200k
- 82% of visiting attendees are from Vancouver/Lower Mainland
- 82% of out-of-town visitors indicate the festival is influential in their decision to visit Whistler
- Overnight visitors stay an average of 4 nights
- Demographics of the participants primary age group:
- 70% female / 30% male
- 18 – 25 (1%)
- 25 – 34 (20%)
- 35 – 44 (25%)
- 45 – 54 (27%)
- 55+ (27%)
Here are ways your business can get involved:
- Host an event. Restaurants and bars are encouraged to contribute to festival programming and showcase your establishment by developing your own food and/or drink event. Below are some ideas, or check out the Cornucopia schedule for inspiration.
- Winery Brunches/Lunches/Dinners:Once again, we are looking for restaurants to step up to the “plate” to create some fabulous and delectable menus. We are happy to help you find a winery partner or use your own contacts to team up and create something spectacular.
- After Parties:Guests are here to celebrate. After-parties are always a highlight!
- Something else in mind?We are always creating and love new ideas! Connect with us to share what you have in mind!
- For more information, and to submit your event, visit: com/registration/restaurant
- Showcase your establishment, chefs, sommeliers and mixologists at events. We would love to get you involved with other events! This could be anything from exhibiting at a Signature Tasting to hosting a Culinary Stage or Nourish Contact us to brainstorm around specific promotion for your business.
- Become an accommodation partner. We are seeking complimentary rooms and rates to host presenters, chefs, VIPs, sponsors, staff, and media. Receive marketing exposure and festival tickets for your contribution. Contact Tina Wickman for partnership information: email@example.com
- Charity Participation. Cornucopia is excited to be working with the Whistler Public Library as the charitable organization. We host an annual silent auction and are grateful for any contribution (such as vouchers or product) that you can make.
- Become a Sponsor. Contact Tourism Whistler about options. Sponsorship at Cornucopia is affordable and offers great value.
For more information contact Cornucopia Event Producer, Rob Olive: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information visit www.whistler.com/cornucopia