What We Do
The Whistler Chamber of Commerce is one of British Columbia’s largest and most influential business organizations. With over 700 Members, we represent almost 50% of the Whistler business community. Our team works hard to provide our Members with advocacy, leadership and support.
We are a welcoming not-for-profit, member-driven organization that improves the effectiveness of doing business. Whether to emerging entrepreneurs, or to small and mid-sized businesses, or to the largest corporations, the Chamber provides its Members with the support they need to set up, maintain and continue to grow their business success. Through innovative programs, cost-saving business services and education, we act as a catalyst for business growth, partnerships, and for a diverse business community.
Membership with the Whistler Chamber is as simple as ABC.
We know what’s on Whistler’s mind and we move the dial on local, provincial and national issues.
We provide access to business savings such as the Group Insurance Plan, the Spirit Pass and more.
We provide a platform for collaboration: meet future clients, network and showcase your business.
Join or Renew!
With our membership structure, we have a membership option to fit your business and your vision. Whether you’re an entrepreneur working from home craving a strong network, or a global brand looking for influence, we will elevate you to the right level. Our team will ensure that you are perfectly paired with an annual membership package that suits your business.
Connect with our team to discuss your membership options!
Ready to join or want to renew your membership?
Meet Some of Our Members!
Wondering how you can maximize the benefits of your Whistler Chamber Membership?
Watch our Member videos to learn what Membership means to some of our Members and how Member benefits have supported the growth of their business or organization.
WE SPEAK UP FOR YOU
We’re hardworking advocates for Whistler business, championing important issues like asking the government to provide funding for small businesses, and streamlining the visa process.
GROUP INSURANCE PLAN
Access the number one plan in Canada for employee benefits. Endorsed by over 900 Chambers of Commerce and Boards of Trade across Canada, it offers the most sought-after group benefits from extended health to dental and vision care for a business of 1 or a team of 50.
Packages can be customized to include:
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Short & long term disability coverage
- Business overhead expense insurance
- Group RRSP & much more!
Please reach out to Agustina for more information about starting your benefit plan today! firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-892-8281
ACCESS TO SPIRIT PASS
The Whistler Experience™ program provides affordable training that gives you the tools to provide better service and drive higher sales.
- Your pathway to the Spirit Pass
- Includes programs like the Secret Shopper Program
Business success is often a function of your visibility in the local market – and beyond. We highlight our members in local press releases, nominate them for awards and connect them to key business networks that help them grow.
Most popular ways to boost your visibility:
- Get noticed and boost credibility with a listing in our online business directory
- Recruit the Right People on our job board, the most popular online job board in Whistler
- Sponsor an event and have your logo front and centre of the action
- Utilize discounted marketing options and get seen by our extensive local network
- Show off your brand at Whistler’s Inside Scoop
AFFORDABLE TRAINING & EVENTS
Leverage members-only pricing for top-notch training and events to develop you and your team. The Chamber keeps your calendar dialed in and you in the loop, learning and connecting.
MORE BUSINESS SAVINGS
Lower your overhead and boost margins with immediate access to preferred member pricing on health and disability insurance, office supplies and discounted seasons passes throughout our Spirit Program.
Current business savings:
The Gateway Room
Host Your Next Meeting in the Gateway Room
Rent the Gateway Room at the Whistler Chamber for your next meeting, training session, interview, small conference or job fair. Wrap around windows energize the room with natural light and provide some fresh air for business.
Gateway Room Rental Includes:
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- 42” Plasma TV
- LCD projector and screen
- Ability to bring in your caterer of choice
Maximize this member benefit: Chanelle Conley, Member Experience Coordinator, at 604.932.5922. or by email.MORE INFORMATION
Business Insurance Plan
We’re excited to announce Spark as our preferred partner for discounted nonprofit and charity insurance. Spark aims to engage our communities with helpful educational resources combined with an honest, secure, and user-friendly insurance buying experience.
The application takes less than 5 minutes to complete and no obligation quotes are free.
All nonprofits and charities are eligible.
Discounted coverage available for our members includes:
- Directors & Officers
- General Liability
- Cyber Liability
- Volunteer Injury
- Legal Expense
- Host Liquor Liability
- Media & Broadcasting
- Crime Liability
- Content & Assets
Spark understands how much you care about local involvement, and want to be a part of that cause. Through scholarship programs, donations, and more, Spark is raising the bar in community engagement. Based on a number of strategic partnerships with Canadian organizations, the company’s participation in community outreach will redefine the role of an insurance provider.
Visit Spark at www.sparkinsurance.ca to apply online and save on insurance today! The application takes less than 5 minutes to complete and no obligation quotes are free.
Chamber Member perks can really pay off at the pump.
Petro Canada Superpass:
- Save 2 cents per litre on all grades of gasoline & diesel (minimum of 200 litres/month)
- Car wash discounts
- Control costs with detailed purchase restrictions on both fuel and non-fuel purchases.
- PIN protection and exception monitoring to help defend against fraud and abuse.
- Customized reports that can be distributed via email to facilitate analysis and save time.
- Receive dedicated support – 24/7 from a professional and knowledgeable customer
To apply: Call Paul Fox at 778-874-9498 or email email@example.com
Esso Business Card Program:
- Save 3.5 cents per litre off the posted retail pump price, purchased in Canada.
- Cards restricted to fuel, oil, top-up fluids and car wash
- Speedpass – the fastest way for your vehicles to fuel up and go at Esso
- Esso Extra Program – details and application at Esso-Branded service stations
- Collect valuable Aeroplan miles on your purchases at Esso.
To apply: Fill out a business application form and email to Joseph.Downing@wexinc.com
- Receive discounts off the posted pump price for gasoline, diesel and retail purchases with the Shell Triton Card.
To apply: call Josh Ferguson directly, to apply for this program: 1.587.432.2693
Whistler Chamber members are eligible for the Staples Advantage which provides discount volume pricing based upon the membership’s collective purchases.
- Special prices include next day delivery on office products.
Maximize this member benefit: contact Brian Misener, Business Development Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604.251.4343 ext. 17041.
BC Chamber of Commerce Member Hotel Discount Program
Chamber members and your employees receive exclusive hotel discounts in Canada and around the world for unlimited business and leisure travel.
- Savings may be as much as 50%, and average 10-20% below market rates.
Maximize this member benefit:
Hotel & Car Rental Discounts
- Visit the Travel Discounts Website
- Hotel discounts can also be accessed by calling toll-free 1.800.892.2136 and quoting code BCCC.
- Car rental discounts can also be accessed by calling toll-free 1855.454.9316 and quoting account #566493
Constant Contact Marketing Services
Whistler Chamber members receive a 20% discount when they sign up for 6 months, or a 25% discount when they sign up for 1 year.
Constant Contact provides:
- Email Marketing – use attractive, professional email communications to stay in regular touch and build strong customer relationships.
- Event Marketing – online registration and promotion streamlines your day with automated payment collection and email communications.
- Online Surveys – find out what interests your prospects, what your customers really want, and get the intelligence you need to run your business smarter and more successfully.
Payworks does everything to make sure your payroll runs smoothly every time by providing comprehensive online workforce management solutions for business. Their web accessible payroll services utilize a unified database to provide integrated payroll, HRMS, employee self-service, time & attendance and custom reports.
- Basic Run Charge $15.60 and one-time fee of $200
- Integration with Group Insurance Plan
- Year-end tax filing/T4s
- $1.32 per Direct Deposit or Cheques.
- Less 10% Go Green Discount if you key the payroll into the Web and no delivery
BluePayis partnered with authorized agent Chris Browes from the BC based Kubera Payments team to provide industry leading payments services and solutions to BC Chamber members.
Kubera in partnership with BluePay are able to offer the following solutions:
• The widest range of processing partners and POS integration options available
• Industry leading preferential processing rates for members
• PCI and PA:DSS compliance consulting services
• Integration support and management teams
• Electronic invoicing and payment
• Custom hosted payment form set up
• Web development services
• Local support
Versapay offers Whistler Chamber Members a preferential pre-negotiated rate:
- 1.45% base MDR Visa
- 1.49% base MDR MC
- $0.05 per Interac transaction.
“By focusing exclusively on business in British Columbia, BCBusiness provides unparalleled behind-the-scenes coverage, chronicling major deals and putting faces to the major players. Our annual all-star print editions—B.C.’s Top 100 Companies, Entrepreneur of the Year, 30 Under 30 and the Best Cities for Work in B.C.—are must-reads for all decision-makers.”
Maximise this member benefit: Order your special subscription to BCBusiness Magazine at: https://www.bcbusiness.ca/BCChamber
A top-tier Member benefit. Contact Lauren to find out more!
CELEBRATING EXCELLENCE 2021 Whistler Excellence Awards Winners September 30, 2021 Innovative leaders shared the spotlight with long-time community cultivators at the virtual Whistler Excellence Awards on Thursday, September 16, 2020. The 10th annual community...
Blog provided by BlueShore Financial Coming Together and Keeping it Together in Challenging TimesAugust 23rd, 2021 While Whistler is world famous for its skiing and wealth of outdoor activities, it’s also well known for being a supportive, tight-knit community. We’ve...
Pulse Check #7 Results: Businesses Optimistic Despite ChallengesJuly 29th, 2021 For the final Covid-19 Pulse Check Survey, the Whistler Chamber and BC Chamber have partnered to collect feedback from the Whistler business community on their experiences as we work...