Whistler Village Beer Festival
September 10 – 15, 2019
Beer in the mountains – it just feels right. The festival that started it all, Whistler Village Beer Festival, will be returning with six-days of beer-fuelled fun September 10 – 15, 2019. Signature events such as Craft Cultures and Master Crafters will be returning with new fun themes and other events such as Tap Takeovers, food and beer pairings, and more will be announced in the coming months. The Main Event will be on September 14 and 15 at Whistler Olympic Plaza and feature 70 breweries with over 140 beers and ciders. Partial Proceeds go towards AWARE Whistler, our 2019 charitable partner.
Whistler Village Beer Festival attracts the best craft beers and ciders that BC has to offer, showcasing breweries from across the Sea-to-Sky corridor and the Okanagan, with a few favourites from Ontario, Quebec and Internationally. WVBF provides the opportunity for appropriate brands to get in front of an engaged crowd of enthusiastic beer lovers who like to travel, eat great food and have a taste for adventure, as well as dozens of businesses – sound like your crowd? We hope so.
- New for 2019: WVBF is offering General Admission Weekend Tickets and WVBF All Access Weekend Passes.
- New for 2019: AWARE Whistler has been announced as WVBF 2019’s Official Charitable Partner. Partial Proceeds from all tickets sold will be donated to AWARE.
- Total number of participants including family members: 4,500+
- The main tasting event will take place at Whistler Olympic Plaza is on September 14 & 15, 2019
- Partner venues to host peripheral programming throughout the Festival: Live music, cask nights, brewer’s socials, special craft beer pairing dinners and more.
- Meet over 70 breweries: 95% come from outside the Sea to Sky and bring approximately 4 team members each.
Key event statistics:
- 71% of attendees are visitors traveling with over 4+ people in their party, with 96% being overnight visitors, who stay an average of 2.3 nights.
- 10% 19 – 24 years of age
- 36% 25 – 34 years of age
- 25% 35 – 44 years of age
- 19% 45 – 54 years of age
- 8% 55 – 64 years of age
- 2% 65 + years of age
- 43% male and 57% female
- Geographic Market:
- 73% Vancouver or Lower mainland
- 14% Elsewhere in BC
- 6% Washington State
- 3% Elsewhere in Canada
- 1% California
Here are ways your business can get involved:
- Sponsorship: Please read the following Whistler Village Beer Festival Sponsor Deck
- Media: Media kits are complete with event photos, story starters, press releases and more. Contact email@example.com for media enquiries.
- Invite Your Crew: Strengthen the team, spoil your partners or host clients with these awesome group sales perks
Members can use images of the WVBF to promote the event by logging into the Tourism Whistler image library.Please remember to credit the photographer whenever using Tourism Whistler images. Whistler Village Beer Festival images are found in the following folders: Events, Culinary and Beer Festival