Business Person of the Year Award
This Whistler business person has had a major impact on the landscape of the local business community. They are an exemplary leader, and exhibit vision and passion. They have an innovative brand and they continuously give back by supporting community initiatives and projects.
An eligible candidate must:
- Have been in operation for a minimum of five years
- Exercise care and empathy with employees
- Create a work environment that fosters growth and encourages development of employees
- Be an exemplary leader and demonstrate passion, vision and positive moral character
- Emphasize the importance of delivering high levels of customer service to all clients
- Be a leader in their industry
- Have leading products and/or services
- Have a major impact on the landscape of the local business community
- Gives back to the community by supporting local initiatives and projects
2019 Winner: Sarah Strother
The 2019 winner
Sarah is publisher of Pique Newsmagazine and President of Whistler Publishing LP which also publishes the Squamish Chief, Whistler Magazine and several tourist publications
The 2018 winner
General Contractor with 43 years of expertise in high end and timber frame construction. Recently, Matheo is recognized for helping pioneer the Canadian Passivhaus movement.
The 2017 winner
Mike Conway – Back In Action Physiotherapy
Titled sport and musculoskeletal physiotherapist, co-owner Back In Action Physiotherapy & Massage, passionate about helping patients recover from injury and in developing injury prevention tools.
The 2016 winner