Citizen of the Year
Created in 1969, the Citizen of the Year award is Whistler’s longest standing celebration. Whistler Community Foundation is honoured with the task of selecting the annual recipient of this prestigious award.
The Whistler Citizen of the Year is an outstanding community member who contributes significant volunteer time to enhancing the quality of life in Whistler. This individual demonstrates extraordinary leadership and community service outside of employment. Well-respected in the community, they inspire others with their caring and positive attitude and spirit of cooperation.
An eligible candidate must:
- Be an individual- couples must be submitted as two individual nominees
- May reside outside of Whistler but must make their volunteer contributions to the Whistler Community
- Be recognized for their volunteer contributions
- Volunteer their time, outside of the realm of their employment, in one or more activities or with one or more organization
- Demonstrate a positive attitude
- Works respectfully with others in the spirit of cooperation
- Be an exemplary leader who displays honesty and integrity
- Have made a lasting impact on a variety of community members or aspects of community life
- Continuously inspire others to give to the community
2019 Winners: Keith Reynolds & Pat Montani
The 2019 winner
The 2019 winner
The 2018 winner
The 2017 winner
Heather founded ShortSkirtTheatre and Chairs the Whistler Arts Council. She advocates for cancer awareness and woman’s rights. Heather’s deities are kindness, perspective, hope and humour.