Rising Star of the Year
This Whistler business person is starting to make an impact beyond their years. They show outstanding success at a young age, give back by supporting the community, and are on a clear leadership track. They should have a culture of trail blazing and a solid plan for future career and performance development.
An eligible candidate must:
- Be age 39 or under on April 24, 2020.
- Be in ownership, management or another leadership capacity within a Whistler business organization
- Exhibit outstanding performance and definite career progress –demonstrated through measurable results
- Be highly active in the community and committed to making a difference
- Demonstrate a pattern of risk taking or trail blazing
- Have future plans for career and performance development
- Have been in business or role for less than five years – if someone in this age category has been in their role or business for over five years then we would recommend the Business Person of the Year award
- Open to both current Whistler Chamber of Commerce members or employed by a member of the Chamber.
2019 Winner: Isabel Chung
The 2019 winner
Isabel Chung – Fairmont Chateau Whistler
As Executive Chef at Fairmont, Isabel oversees creative and strategic culinary initiatives of 6 award-winning restaurants, plus room service + banquets, in the 539-room hotel
The 2018 winner
Josianne Fox – SmartFox Consulting
Josianne is an innovative HR and Coaching Professional. Her mission is to optimize human potential, increase happiness, and maximize employee engagement for clients she believes in.
The 2017 winner
Kara Mcmaster – Caveman Grocer
Community driven mother of a growing Whistler family, Kara has been disrupting ideas of convenience food using her ecommerce knowledge and industry experience since 2012.