Submit your nomination for the Citizen of the Year Award!
Created in 1969, the Citizen of the Year award is Whistler’s longest standing celebration. The Whistler Community Foundation is honored with the task of selecting the annual recipient of this prestigious award.
This award has a slightly difference process and timeline:
- Nominations are open until July 24.
- Nominators should complete the form in full.
- The Whistler Community Foundation selection committee will review all forms.
The Whistler Community Foundation will announce the winner at the 2023 Whistler Excellence Awards.
An eligible candidate:
- is an individual*;
- resides in B.C.;
- is of any age;
- makes recent and significant volunteer contributions within the community of Whistler;
- actively participates in positive change for the benefit of the community;
- empowers others to build community strength and resilience; and
- includes community members in a way that builds trust and promotes a sense of belonging.
*At the discretion of the selection committee, a collective (of two or more volunteers) may be considered an individual, when the collective is focused on one or more shared initiatives that have significant impact on the community.
Nominations are now closed for the Citizen of the Year award. Thanks for participating in this year's awards!