Local Lockdown Program
Updated on Feb 10th, 2022. For more information from the official website of the Government of Canada, click here
- The Local Lockdown Program is a way businesses, charities, and non-profits subject to a qualifying public health restriction or, for certain claim periods, a qualifying capacity-limiting public health restriction, may be eligible for wage and rent support through the Tourism and Hospitality Recovery Program (THRP).
- Note: You do not have to be in the tourism, hospitality, arts, entertainment, or recreation sectors to be eligible for this support.
- Update: The federal government has announced its intent to extend the wage and rent support eligibility criteria for businesses and other organizations in effect for claim periods until March 12, 2022.
For the claim periods encompassing December 19, 2021 to February 12, 2022, two eligibility conditions must be met:
- You were subject to a qualifying public health restriction or qualifying partial (capacity-limiting) public health restriction
- You have a claim period revenue drop of at least 25%
For all other claim periods outside of the dates indicated above, you must meet the following two conditions:
- You were subject to a qualifying public health restriction
- You have a claim period revenue drop of at least 40%
Refer to the Tourism and Hospitality Recovery Program (THRP) for more details and to submit your application.