Starting and Supporting a Small Business
This week – October 20 – 26 – is Small Business Week, and we’re taking this opportunity to celebrate all of our Members and Future Members who are (or are aspiring) small businesses owners.
Over 99% of businesses are small to medium-sized, and we hope you’re very proud to be one of them!
If you’re an established small business, check out these timeless resources we shared in partnership with BDC during last year’s Small Business Week:
Thanks to BDC we shared an e-book for each day of the week during Small Business Week. We love these resources so much that we wanted to share them again! There is truly something for everyone within this content, aimed at delivering a ton of excellent resources to give you and your staff an edge on the competition:
TUESDAY – Social Media, a Guide for Entrepreneurs
WEDNESDAY – Labour Shortage: Here to Stay
Tools from your Chamber:
- Recruitment and Retention Guide
- Employment Resources Cheat Sheet
- Immigration Roadmap
- Blog Post: Chromag – Outstanding Employee Retention
THURSDAY – Master your Cash Flow
FRIDAY – Profiting from Technology
Perhaps you’re aspiring to start or grow a small business and you’re keen to find out more?
Check out these quick links which give you the need-to-know:
- Starting a Small Business Guide with translations available in Korean, Punjabi, Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese;
- Import/Export Guide also available in Korean, Punjabi, Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese;
- Small Business Resources Handout (now available in Simplified Chinese, Korean and Punjabi) and the Indigenous Small Business Resources Handout;
- Mobile Business Licence Program, a collaboration with local governments which reduces red tape by facilitating the operation of certain mobile businesses across jurisdictional boundaries; and
- BizPaL, an online tool that simplifies the permit and licencing search experience for entrepreneurs.
We also have an entire page dedicated to resources for YOU, including a step-by-step of exactly what you need to get up-and-running! Take a look.
If you’ve got this far (thank you for reading!), why not pause now to show a #smallbiz some love this #SBW2019; go and comment on one of their posts, make sure you’ve ‘liked’ and ‘followed’ their pages – and better still – you could create a post on social media to give them some love.
By supporting a #smallbiz, it not only benefits our economy but allows us to reinvest in our local community! So go ahead and don’t forget to use #iheartsmallbiz so that we can see what you’ve shared!
CELEBRATING EXCELLENCE 2020 Whistler Excellence Awards Winners September 25, 2020 Innovative rising stars shared the spotlight with longtime community cultivators at the first ever virtual Whistler Excellence Awards on Wednesday, September 16, 2020. The annual...
RESOURCES FOR WHISTLER BUSINESS Grant Writing with Granted Consulting September 24, 2020 This week the Whistler Chamber held a virtual Lunch + Learn: Grant Writing Workshop with Granted Consulting presented by Hummingbird Smart Services, in partnership with...
Last week, the provincial government shared details of its Economic Recovery Plan, Stronger BC. In addition to broad consultation and recommendations, the Stronger BC Plan took into consideration the BC Chamber of Commerce Economic Recovery Submission…